Mettalex: Cost and Capital-Efficient Trading
Mettalex is a decentralized, blockchain-based derivatives exchange (DEX) focused on traditional and crypto commodities, unique DeFi markets, and traditional and crypto spreads.
Available 24/7/365 anywhere in the world*.
Built by the Fetch.ai team.
Who is Mettalex for?
Mettalex aligns the incentives of three types of users:
- Physical Commodity Holders (traditional and crypto)
- Traders and Speculators
- Liquidity Providers
What Problems Does Mettalex Solve?
The main value proposition of the Mettalex DEX address challenges related to:
- Cost and Capital Efficiency
- Risk Management
- Market Access
What are Mettalex User-Specific Value Propositions?
No Margin Calls
- Market Settlement Based on Real-World Data – Only the oracle-reported price can settle a market.
- Clear Risk/Reward – Accurate information about profit/loss for all trades.
- Non-Custody of Funds – User-provided liquidity is stored in and secured by smart contracts, inaccessible by the team.
- Automatic Settlement – Once the price breaches the band, a market is settled automatically.
- No Third Parties – Go to the platform, connect your Web 3 wallet, start trading/hedging.
- Tight Spreads – The price of long/short positions is determined automatically based on real-world price data and user sentiment.
- Easy DeFi On-Ramping – Set up a crypto wallet and credit it with funds in minutes thanks to Torus wallet integration.
- Banded Trading – Trading is performed within a band based on historical price volatility.
- Leverage – Leverage is achieved by the token price being a fraction of the asset price.
- Perpetual Exposure – As long as the oracle-reported price stays within the band, the market is active, and positions remain open.
- Perpetual Yield Farming – Over 80% of all MTLX tokens will be distributed to liquidity providers over the course of 8+ years.
- Peer-to-Peer Liquidity – Mettalex market makers are powered by retail and institutional capital providers.
- No Order Book – Mettalex features advanced autonomous market making.
- No Third Parties – Mettalex smart contract-based autonomous market makers act as a side to any trade, ensuring order execution.
- USD-Pegged Liquidity – Unlike other platforms, Mettalex liquidity is provided in the popular USDT/BUSD stablecoins.
- No Over-Collateralization – The value of stablecoins is much less volatile than cryptocurrencies, so there is no need to over-collateralize the system.
- No Liquidations – Liquidity providers cannot be liquidated providing them with peace of mind, long-term.
* US restrictions apply.